Re: Mathematica 8 and Alpha integration....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114023] Re: Mathematica 8 and Alpha integration....
  • From: "eric.vanesch" <eric.vanesch at bridges-it.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:26:44 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 20, 12:14 pm, John Fultz <jfu... at wolfram.com> wrote:

> Understanding some of the internal divisions of the feature implementation
> would, I think, be instructive.  The == feature, in the big picture, is capable
> of doing any of the following things, depending upon your input...
>
> * Parse your input, return a matching W|A result.  We might call this an
> informational query.
> * Parse your input, return a matching Mathematica input.  I'll refer to this as
> a programming query.
> * Parse your input and your Mathematica session information, return a matching
> Mathematica input.  This could be a contextually aware programming query.

I'm wondering: is the Mathematica/W|A integration also used to improve
the free form
linguistic parser? If a Mathematica user types a free form query and
then accepts/uses
the Mathematica expression returned by W|A, then that's valuable
information/knowledge
that you can not learn from the same free form query typed on the W|A
website.

Thanks,

Eric van Esch