Re: Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114047] Re: Mathematica 8
  • From: "Curtis F. Osterhoudt" <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:36:03 -0500 (EST)

Interesting. I decided to play with this too (on a Lenovo notebook with
two cores, running a 32-bit linux). If I choose to have Mathematica fire
up another kernel "as needed", things run fine. However, if I ask it to
start two kernels "on startup", the Benchmark runs for a long time (I
haven't let it complete yet) and pegs both cores at around 100%. It also
prints no output. Perhaps a bug?