Re: Sizing opening window in Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114059] Re: Sizing opening window in Mathematica 8
  • From: "Rolf.Mertig at gmail.com" <rolf.mertig at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:38:19 -0500 (EST)

Harvey,
one possibility is:

If[$Linked,  (* do nothing for kernel-only sessions *)
   RunScheduledTask[
     FrontEndExecute[{
     SetOptions[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[], WindowSize -> {1150,750}],
     SetOptions[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[], WindowMargins ->
{{7,Automatic},{Automatic,6}}]
];

Depending on your hardware you can tweak the {0.4, 7} numbers.

In case you want to get rid of the ScheduledTask object, add:
RunScheduledTask[RemoveScheduledTask[ScheduledTasks[]], {5, 1}]

--
Dr. Rolf Mertig
GluonVision GmbH, Berlin, Germany