Re: NMinimize -DifferentialEvolution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114058] Re: NMinimize -DifferentialEvolution
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:38:08 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----

Not certain, but from your description it might be that an unneeded symbolic computation is being attempted. A way to avoid that is to define

eigconstraint[mat : {{_?NumericQ ..} ..}] :=
 Max[Re[#] & /@ Eigenvalues[mat]] >= 0

This will restrict it to only operate on explicitly numeric matrices.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research