TextRecognize tabular data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114121] TextRecognize tabular data
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <ndudenhoeffer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 06:59:22 -0500 (EST)

I was just looking at some new functions in Mathematica 8, and found
TextRecognize.  It is an OCR tool, and overall seems to work quite well.

I would like to find a way to use it to get tabular data into a Mathematica
list (even tabular data which may have columns of uneven length).   Any
ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Nate