Why ParallelTable does not use CUDA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114182] Why ParallelTable does not use CUDA
  • From: foice <franceschini.roberto at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 05:29:11 -0500 (EST)

I was wandering why should I write a complicated and unnecessary CUDA
kernel to do something a number of times and put the result in a
table.  We already have a thing like ParallelTalble ... it seems
however that ParallelTable uses the CPUs that one has available in his
system and not the GPU ... I do not see the point of having CUDA if
this is not even used by the internal parallel functions ...

ParallelTable[Sin[x],{x,0,1000,0.1},CUDA->True] would be great!!!