Re: Mathematica 8 is now available

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114189] Re: Mathematica 8 is now available
  • From: David Kirkby <drkirkby at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 05:30:27 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 18, 12:06 pm, Pierre Albarede <pa.n... at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Nov 17, 11:29 am, fd <fdi... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I would be interested to know if I could find the list of bugs in V7
> > which were fixed in V8.
>
> In general, it would be useful to have access to some bug basis, like
> Bugzilla for Mozilla products, so we can look for existing bugs and
> have a clear account of our own bug reports and corresponding
> solutions.  This would save time for both users and the support team.

It would also mean that if you make use of functions X, Y and Z in
your work, then you could check at some time later to see if there
were any bugs which may have affected your results, so it may be worth
checking a calculation.

Bug lists for some open-source maths programs are public, and allow
end users to do just this.

Dave