Mathematica and Symbolic Manipulation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114252] Mathematica and Symbolic Manipulation
  • From: olfa <olfa.mraihi at yahoo.fr>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 06:56:35 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

I'm facing a big problem with Mathematica because I need to use it
SYMBOLICALLY for many functions like:
1)Nest[f,x,i] (without knowing the value of i)
2)Table[exp,{index,i,n}] (without knowing the values of i and n)
3)Rest[m] such that m is a symbolic list (without knowing its concrete
elements)

How to deal with that?
Thank you for your help.