Mathematica "Fresh Start" on a new computer?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112802] Mathematica "Fresh Start" on a new computer?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 05:40:52 -0400 (EDT)

Moving to a newly purchased MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard OS, from an
much older MacBook with Leopard OS and probably a decade's worth of
remnants of older systems, unused apps, earlier software upgrades,
partially removed software, and other cruft.  So:

1)  Is there a simple way (a "deinstall" option) to remove _all_ traces
of Mathematica app and supporting files from older machine, before migrating to
the newer machine?   (I don't mind losing any customizations I've done
or prefs I've set; and I'll save all my personal .nb notebooks
separately).

2)  If not, then a way to find and remove all Mathematica-related files
manually?  (.)

3)  Since I have the Mathematica 7.0.1 CD and know the serial and license
numbers, I don't expect any trouble reinstalling it on the new machine
-- but just in case, are there any special  de-authorizing or
re-authorizing steps required?  (All the crap with Apple's iPod and iPad
authorization nonsense has me spooked.)