Mathematica crashes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112931] Mathematica crashes
  • From: ABHIJIT BHATTACHARYYA <b_abhijit2k at yahoo.co.in>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 03:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

 I am computing six 3D matrices in a time loop. Now each matrices are of
 dimension [50,50,50]. I find that during computation, my X-session
 crashes and I am taken to the login screen.

 I am using OpenSUSE 11.3 OS in Dell Studio XPS laptop with i7 CPU and 4
 GB RAM. I find that cache memory used is 0MB.For other computation, this
 does not occur which may indicate that memory shortage might be the root
 cause.

 Does not Mathematica use the cache memory as workaround? How can I avoid
 such problem?

 Thanks for your kind help.

 Best

 Abhijit Bhattacharyya
Dr. Abhijit Bhattacharyya[Scientific Officer]
Advanced Technology Systems  Section [ATSS}, E&I Group
Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC)
Trombay, Mumbai - 400 085
Phone: +91.22.2559.5493     Email: vega at barc.gov.in
Residence: x811 Akashdeep
Anushakti Nagar,Mumbai- 400094
Phone: +91.22.2558.0930
Mobile: +91.98201.49770
GPS: 19 deg 01 min 54.52 secs North;  72 deg 55 min 46.30 secs East