Re: Lists and Loops

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113015] Re: Lists and Loops
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 05:15:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Michaell,

You forgot to end each line in the loop with a semicolon. Stuff you
put into the body of the Do function has to be a compound statement.
You also forgot a comma before {t, tickers}.

tickers = {"VNO", "AMB"};
fprop = {"Average50Day", "Average200Day"};

Do[
 mydata = {t};
  Do[
  mydata = Append[mydata, FinancialData[t, i]],
  {i, fprop}
  ];
  Print[mydata];
  SQLInsert[connt, "reit", {"ticker", "first", "second"}, mydata],
 {t, tickers}
 ]

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Oct 10, 12:44 pm, Michaell Taylor
<Michaell.Tay... at boxwoodmeans.com> wrote:
> I am new to Mathematica and am probably too stuck in other languages, but
> but having a hard time with a simple listing building looping structure.
>  The code below is supposed to cycle through a list of stock tickers. =
 For

=