Re: Release dates for Mathematica versions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113230] Re: Release dates for Mathematica versions
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:05:53 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/19/2010 2:56 AM, BobF wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can look up the exact release dates for all
> the different versions of Mathematica over the years. I've found a
> couple in what research I've done so far, but nothing more than the
> closest year for all but three. Thanks for any hints or help anyone
> might be able to offer.
>
> -Bob

http://12000.org/my_notes/compare_mathematica/index.htm

1.0 	June 23, 1988
1.2 	August 1, 1989
2.0 	January,15, 1991
2.1 	June 15, 1992
2.2 	June 1, 1993
3.0 	1996
4.0 	May 19,1999
4.1 	November 2,2000
4.2 	November1,2002
5.0 	June 12, 2003
5.1 	October 25, 2004
5.2 	June 20, 2005
6.0 	May 1,2007
6.0.1 	June 2008 (?)
6.0.2   ?
6.0.3   ?
7.0 	November 18,2008
7.0.1 	March 2009
8.0     before end of 2010??

If someone knows the missing ones above, pls let me know so I can update
the table.

--Nasser