Re: Another question on ParallelDo

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112164] Re: Another question on ParallelDo
  • From: Iván Lazaro <gaminster at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Daniel, Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I realize that I don't know
a lot about mathematica. Well, I put your suggestions in practice with
excelent results.

I only made one addition: the non-simplified problem uses 400000 iterations
instead of 10000. So, I made four separate process (for each of my cores)
with ParallelSubmit, and reduce the calculation time almost ten times (!! I
did not think this was even posible), from near 500 seconds to 50 seconds.

Again, thanks.

Alejandro Carrillo.