Strange colour highlighting in functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112169] Strange colour highlighting in functions
  • From: "Christian Schneider" <kofferpc at gmx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:08:56 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathGroup,

I have a rather simple problem, but was not able to find the solution either
in the internet nor in the Mathematica documentation.

Sometimes when I define a function with

I find that the variables (a,b) on the right hand side of the function are
not all shown in green and italics, which should be the standard in
Mathematica 8 afaik, but some single ones in red and not-italics.

This is especially strange since this happens sometimes  for just one "a"
out of several "a's" in the function, with no obvious reasons.

The calculations also do work without any error messages.

Why is that?

Kind regards,

Chris