Re: LinearModelFit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112345] Re: LinearModelFit
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 04:48:51 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/9/10 at 5:31 AM, dh at metrohm.com (Daniel Huber) wrote:

>Hi, the function LinearModelFit has a parameter named "Response". In
>my understanding, this should return the values of the fit function
>at the abscissae of the input values. However, what is returned are
>the y values of the input. Looks like a bug to me, what do you
>think?

Definitely not a bug. The documentation for LinearFitModel
specifically states this is what is returned by parameter
"Response". Further, there is a parameter "PredictedResponse"
which returns the values of the fit function at the supplied x
points. So, it seems pretty clear the behavior you are seeing is
as intended.