Re: Why Row does not format 2 plots in one row when ImageSize->Full?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112452] Re: Why Row does not format 2 plots in one row when ImageSize->Full?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 05:58:36 -0400 (EDT)

In article <i6q0rh$ld5$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at wolfram.com> wrote:

> The main difference is that Row allows linebreaks, whereas GraphicsRow
> does not. So, GraphicsRow will shrink it's contents so that they all fit
> on one line, while Row won't.

This is a beautiful example of the kind of simple, terse, plain-English,
easy to remember statement that ought to go in a "Warnings" or "Notes"
or something section of the Help messages for Row and GraphicsRow.

[The kind of section argued for in earlier debates on this NG.]

I'll grant that this information is there in these Help messages as they
stand (I just looked at both of them) -- but it ain't easy to pull it
out of them, quickly and clearly, especially for an "ordinary user".