Re: get a table of coordinates from an image of a graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112472] Re: get a table of coordinates from an image of a graph
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 06:02:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Peter,

I sometimes use the "Get Coordinates" tool (select graph, then shift-
period to activate the tool) to do this manually. First, I get the
coordinates of the origin and a few points on the axes to determine
the scale, and then use the tool to select and copy/paste as much of
the coordinates of the graph as needed. Would be cool if this would be
automated, but I am not aware of any Mathematica tool that does this.

Cheers -- Sjoerd