Problem with Run[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112524] Problem with Run[]
  • From: pratip <pratip.chakraborty at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:26:59 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group,

I have a executable in my home directory in Linux (Ubuntu). I can open
the Linux command line terminal and execute the program just by typing
"./MYPROGRAM".

Now my question is if there is any chance to do the same from
Mathematica front end by typing

Run["./MYPROGRAM"]

In that case I can use this application "MYPROGRAM" to run from with
in a Mathematica code whenever I need.

Now if I do the above in my 64bit Ubuntu I get the following.
In[9]:= Run["./MYPROGRAM"]
Out[9]= 32512

I can understand that the program has not run by the above command.
Because when I run it from the terminal by typing "./MYPROGRAM" it
runs and generates a file in the home directory as its programmed to
do. In case of the Mathematica Run["./MYPROGRAM"] no such program
output file is generated.

Hope someone can help me here.

Regards,

Pratip