Re: create character listing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112562] Re: create character listing
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

alpha = CharacterRange["a", "z"];

listing = Outer[StringJoin, {"a", "b"}, alpha, alpha] // Flatten;

Length[listing] == 2*26*26

True

listing // Column

Bob Hanlon

---- shippee <slshippee at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
What would be the best way to create a character/string listing of all
values in columnar format from "aaa" through "bzz"?  I'd like to end
up with something like:

aaa
aab
aac
bzz

Thanks in advance, I've been away from Mathematica for a couple of
years and forgotten almost everything I'd ever learned, so I'm
starting over.  All I could find in searching this list was variations
on the distribution of "abc", if I missed a more on point posting
please point me in the right direction.