FinancialData[] and ISIN

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112730] FinancialData[] and ISIN
  • From: SED user <Cystrin at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 06:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

Can FinancialData[] be used to retrieve information given an International
Securities Identification Number (ISIN)?

For example, from uk.finsearch.yahoo.com, I obtained this listing for a
Goldman Sachs stock:

GS DYNAMIC OPPS EUR GSDE.L GB00B173NZ45 London Stock 1.23?

In Mathematica, I can obtain information about the stock using GSDE.L as an
argument:

>>FinancialData["GSDE.L"]
<<1.225

However, what I would like to do is to supply the ISIN as an argument.  Is
this possible and if so how?

TIA - Stan