Re: Can a Locator be Made to Track a Curve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120725] Re: Can a Locator be Made to Track a Curve?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 06:16:36 -0400 (EDT)

This has been asked, and answered, more than once here. You'll find one
solution, by Alexei Boulbitch and Heike Gramberg, at:

comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
from: Heike Gramberg
date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011

Just go to Google and search for "mathematica locator on curve". The
first hit should be in groups.google.com, and what you want should be in
the first thread there.

That thread originally appeared in MathGroup. But when I go to
forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup and search for "locator on curve", I didn't
find this thread on the first several pages of results.

Evidently Google's search reads my mind better than Wolfram Research's
search does!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305