Re: Problems with NETLink C#

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120777] Re: Problems with NETLink C#
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 07:22:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:27:28 +0100, tarpanelli at libero.it
<tarpanelli at libero.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have Mathematica 7 and Visual Studio 2010 Professional edition. What I
> am
> trying to do is tho create a simple class in C# and use it in
> Mathematica.
>
> In mathematica notebook I 've written the following code:
> Needs["NETLink`"]
> InstallNET[]
>
> but when I try to load the assembly
> LoadNETAssembly ["F:\\My\\Mathematica\\mLink\\mNETLink\\mNETLink\\bin\
> \\Debug\\mNETLink.dll"]
>
> I got this error
>
> NET::netexcptn: A .NET exception occurred:
> System.BadImageFormatException:
> Could not load file or assembly 'file:///F:
> \My\Mathematica\mLink\mNETLink\mNETLink\bin\Debug\mNETLink.dll' or one
> of its
> dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the
> currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
>[extra messages removed]
>
> any suggestion?
> thanks

As I understand it, Mathematica 7 (and 8, for that matter) for Windows is
compiled using Visual Studio 2005, so the most recent supported .Net
runtime is version 2.0.

You might try recompiling .NET/Link from source using Visual Studio 2010
if you want support for the newer .Net version 3.5 and 4.0 runtimes. I
have not personally tried this, so I do not know how difficult it may be.

Alternatively, you can install the .Net version 3.5 runtime alongside
Visual Studio 2010 and target version 2.0 per the instructions given at
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398197(VS.100).aspx>.
Assemblies compiled in this way will then be able to be loaded by
..NET/Link as supplied with Mathematica.