Re: Can a Locator be Made to Track a Curve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120752] Re: Can a Locator be Made to Track a Curve?
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 07:18:16 -0400 (EDT)

Clearly, it is easier with top-posting to see the most recent response.

In a deep thread where this might be a tenth-level response and each
response can be long, it is heinous (IMHO) having to scroll down, staring
at messy text with up to ten ">" characters before each line, with hideous
line-wrapping in places, searching for new material at the very bottom.
I'd rather scroll down only far enough to get the gist of things or find
the newest thing I haven't already seen.

Worse is a mix of top-posters and bottom-posters, wherein it's well-nigh
impossible to decipher what the sequence was.

Worst of all is a mix of top-posters, bottom-posters, and those who use
threaded newsreaders, who do not include what came before AT ALL, hence
giving no clue (to the rest of us) what the hell they're talking about.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com