Re: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120787] Re: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha"
- From: Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 03:27:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
To anyone that knows their operator precedence, the result is not a surprise at all. In your first version, the ReplaceAll is acting on the Normal operator, not the entire expression. Basically, postfix (//) has the lowest precedence, so that you can chuck it at the end of any expression. This is good for things like //Simplify, //MatrixForm, etc...