Re: Textbook recommendation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120802] Re: Textbook recommendation?
- From: Alan <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 05:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Aug 9, 7:18 am, "DaleJenk" <dale.jenki... at deletegooglemail.com> wrote: > Can anyone recommend a good textbook to learn Mathematica (version 7)? If you want to quickly acquire basic facility with Mathematica, try The Student's Introduction to MATHEMATICA: A Handbook for Precalculus, Calculus, and Linear Algebra Bruce F. Torrence and Eve A. Torrence. Truly a textbook. (Nicely limited in scope.) Lots of very basic math well illustrated, and good coverage of graphics. Alan Isaac