Re: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120892] Re: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha"
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:15:56 -0400 (EDT)

Perhaps that would be a good rationale for Mathematica _not_ allowing a
number to begin with a decimal point?

As things stand right now, Mathematica is rather forgiving about this.

For fun, I tried

   .3/.3 -> a

to see that the period binds to the following 3 rather than to the /.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305