Re: Getting the Date and Time From a Time Server

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120871] Re: Getting the Date and Time From a Time Server
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:12:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for responding, but I think DateList[] and Date[] retrieve the
date and time set on your computer.  If a computer's date and time are
not updated by or synced to a time server, they will be off.  I'm
hoping to use Import[] and URL to grab the date and time from an
official time server.  The reason I would use this is from Mathematica
documents that I share with collaborators and grad students who would
use them to export time-sensitive data.  I want the data to be date- and
time-stamped, and I cannot count on their computer clocks being
accurate.

Regards,

Gregory

<gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Is there a way to use the Import function to grab the current date
and time from a time server on the Internet?