Re: Treat subscripted variables as symbols
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120902] Re: Treat subscripted variables as symbols
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:19:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
On 8/14/11 at 8:15 AM, camille.segarra at gmail.com (Camille) wrote: >I try in mathematica to define a function using subscripted >variables and subscripted parameters. It seems however that >mathematica is not able to treat these subscripted variables as >symbols. Indeed, when I use non subscripted variables and parameters >it "works". If you want to use subscribed variables like ordinary Mathematica symbols, load the package Notation and make use of Symbolize. But, if you are like me, you will find this more trouble than it is worth.