Arbitrary graph decorations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120914] Arbitrary graph decorations
  • From: Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:25:31 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to decorate a graph with arbitrary additional objects,
which might be associated with edges or vertices. These would be
markers of one kind or another, helping me navigate the graph by
various criteria.

Is there a way to do that so that the graph remains a valid
Mathematica graph -- or should I carry along a parallel structure of
some kind to hold the decorations? The latter would be easy enough to
accomplish, but not particularly desirable.

So far, I'm not seeing where to add arbitrary information without
messing up the data structure.

Thank you.