setting header options in another nb with code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120938] setting header options in another nb with code
  • From: Phil Hammond <phil at hammondo.org>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 05:54:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a Notebook I have:

nb = CreateDocument[]

and then:

SetOptions[nb, FirstPageHeader -> True, FirstPageFooter -> True,
 PageHeaders -> {{Cell[quizDate, 14], Cell[teacher, 14],
    Cell[hdrName, 14]}, {Cell[hdrName, 14], Cell[teacher, 14],
    Cell[quizDate, 14]}}]

where quizDate, teacher, and hdrName are Strings to be placed left,
center, right in the header.

The target nb gets the Strings in the right places in the header, but
their font size is not 14. Also, the first page header is unset.

Help please?? Thanks-