Re: Shooting method
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121013] Re: Shooting method
- From: Frank K <fkampas at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 06:03:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Aug 20, 6:16 am, Alois Steindl <Alois.Stei... at tuwien.ac.at> wrote: > Hello, > just a second remark: > some decades ago there existed a very powerful boundary value problem > solver PASVAR (in Fortran, of course) by Lentini and Pereira. > If you are willing to work with Fortran, many excellent codes are > available for that task, especially COLSYS, COLNEW, MULSHOT and > BOUNDSCO. > Alois A better approach might be solving the problem iteratively using quasi- linearization, since you'd be solving a linear boundary value problem at each step.