discrete Fourier transform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121051] discrete Fourier transform
  • From: tarun dutta <tarunduttaz at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:05:08 -0400 (EDT)

I have a text file (in my desktop)in which there are two columns one
is time and another is the result as
0   0.956
2   0.265
now I have to plot the data after doing discrete fourier transform of
this data.how will I do that ?
I used

data=Import["output.txt", "Table"]
pt=Fourier[data]
ListLinePlot[pt]
but itz not working.can any one help me by giving a solution.
regards,
tarun