Re: Execute commands with CDF player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121057] Re: Execute commands with CDF player
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:06:14 -0400 (EDT)

The definition of f has to be inside the Manipulate.  There are two typical ways
to do this.

(* save external definitions in the Manipulate by default *)
Manipulate[Plot[f[x, a], {x, 0, 10}], {a, 1, 5}, SaveDefinitions->True]

(* add an initialization which explicitly sets up the required definitions*)
Manipulate[Plot[f[x, a], {x, 0, 10}], {a, 1, 5},
             Initialization:>(f[x_,a_]:=Sin[a x])]

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with CDF...you would have experienced
exactly the same issue with a garden variety notebook when initially opened
(except, of course, that you could have re-evaluated the cells in that case).

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group