Re: Incompletely simplified Square root.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121080] Re: Incompletely simplified Square root.
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:24:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Looks like it has something to do with PolynomialForm. I am not sure what that is; it is not in the Documentation. If you leave it out, all works as hoped (?). Kevin On 8/25/2011 7:07 AM, paulvonhippel at yahoo wrote: > Can someone tell me why the following input doesn't produce an output > of 0.68....? > Why is the output under the radical? Thanks! > > In:= Sqrt[\!\(\* > TagBox[ > FractionBox["926", "2025"], > PolynomialForm]\)] // N > > Out= Sqrt[\!\(\* > TagBox["0.45728395061728394`", > PolynomialForm]\)] >