Re: reducing the size of a Manipulate slider control, problem when using ImageSize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123365] Re: reducing the size of a Manipulate slider control, problem when using ImageSize
  • From: Chris Young <cy56 at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 02:50:19 -0500 (EST)

I've been trying to have small sliders, too. Finally figured out what
the Help on Manipulate meant: you put the "ImageSize -> Tiny" (or
whatever size) _after_ ControlType -> Slider (or whatever the type).
Unfortunately, you need to do this redundant specification if you want
to change the size of any controls in Manipulate. Or at least you do
for sliders.

Chris Young
cy56 at comcast.net

Manipulate[
 foo[],

  {x, 0, 1, ControlType -> Slider, ImageSize -> Tiny}
 ]