Precicely defining plot size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123499] Precicely defining plot size
  • From: premiumxy <spam at stefanabel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 05:55:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I have layout problem, and I just cannot get it solved even after trying for a long time now...

To make it simple: I want to create a plot with frame->true (that I afterwards export to a *.eps file) with a precise frame size, let's say 2inch.

Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,10},ImageSize->144]

How do you have access to the frame size within a plot?! I know that by ImageSize->144 the whole image will be 2inch large. But this includes the ticks and the frame-labels. I can make paddings, or reduce the plotRegion, but always including the labels...

It sounds like an easy problem. Has anybody an idea?

Thanks a lot!