While Loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123537] While Loop
  • From: Joao <joaopereira9 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:30:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi, everybody

Could someone help me regarding the While Loop.

While[test,body]

In the help "While" it is stated that the test may be evaluated at the end of the loop, instead of at the beginning. However in the tutorial on Loops and Control structures it is stated that the While always evaluates the test at the beginning.

I would like to know if it is really possible to evaluate the test inside de While at the end of the loop. This is a feature that would be useful for what I'm doing, however I haven't been able to get it working and I don't know, taking into consideration the above, if I am doing something wrong or if it is really not possible to do.

Thanks in advance

Joao