Problem with InputField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123588] Problem with InputField
  • From: Scott Colwell <srcolwell at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:43:39 -0500 (EST)

Hello:

I am working on a demonstration of the normal distribution. I have 2
sliders that control the left and right tail values.  I also want to
be able to have an input field where users can input the numeric value
of the left and right tail.

Here is what I have for the input field for the left tail

Grid[{{
   Style["Left Tail:  ", Bold],
   InputField[Dynamic[l], Number, FieldSize -> {10, 1},
    FrameMargins -> 3, BaseStyle -> {FontSize -> 11},
    Alignment -> Center]
   }}]

What I need to do is two things:

(1) control the number of decimal places that show in the input field
to 4. The value "l" is set to 4 already, but the InputField quite
often displays more than that. I've noticed other postings on this
issue but it didn't seem to be resolved.

(2) control the allowable values in the input field to be between two
numbers, say x and y.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Scott