Printing Mathematica Notebooks and WYSIWYG

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123663] Printing Mathematica Notebooks and WYSIWYG
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 04:52:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

How can I get Mathematica to print to paper in font sizes are that are true?  Printed type comes out much smaller in notebooks than the same type in TextEdit or Pages on the Mac.  A 12-point Palatino Linotype prints at what appears to be nine or 10 points, and a 24-point Palatino Linotype prints at about 16.  I also notice that when I copy text from a Mathematica notebook and paste it into another document, such as TextEdit or Pages, it always pastes as Times rather than the font specified in the notebook's stylesheet.

Any tips would be much appreciated,

Gregory