Table constructed from two lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123712] Table constructed from two lists
  • From: Alan Forrester <af17g11 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 05:48:57 -0500 (EST)

Hello

I'd like to construct a table by making each element of the table a
function of elements of a couple of lists I have specified, but I'm
getting an error message that seems not to make any sense.

So I have a couple of lists, like these
list1 = {1,2,3}
list2 = {4,5,6}

My code for the table I want to construct from those lists is a bit
like this:
Tplus = [list1[i]+list2[i], {i, Range[Length[list1]]}].

The error I get claims that i is not an integer or a list of integers,
but Range[Length[list1]] is a list of integers.

I would appreciate any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Alan Forrester