Elementary Document Formatting Questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123696] Elementary Document Formatting Questions
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 05:43:08 -0500 (EST)

	Hello everyone,

	I have some document preparation questions that I have been
struggling with in setting up a publication workflow.

	1.  How can I ensure that my notebooks look the way I intended
when viewed by recipients?  This really concerns fonts.  I thought that
Mathematica embeds fonts so that sharing notebooks or CDFs would be like
sharing PDFs, which look the way you created them.  Unfortunately, that
does not appear to be the case.  The fonts that are displayed depend on
the fonts installed on the remote or recipient's computer.  I've
created Mathematica notebooks at home with fonts like Palatino Linotype,
which end up as Helvetica when presented at seminars.  The Options
Inspector has an option called "Embed External Fonts."  It is set to
true, but I'm not really sure what it does.  I must be missing
something.

	2.  How can I create a title style cell that prints half way
down the title page?  I've created a style with a big top cell margin.
 The title does appear mid way down the page in the working environment,
but it appears near the top of the page when printed.

	3.  How can I prevent the second line of a long string, say, a
few sentences, from being right indented when the text wraps in an
element of a grid?

	Any tips would be much appreciated,

		Gregory