MathKernel -script in MacOSX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116297] MathKernel -script in MacOSX
  • From: "quendor at nandor.net" <cdaniels at nandor.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 05:22:13 -0500 (EST)

I am using Mathematica Home Edition 8.0 on Mac OSX.
I am attempting to use 'MathKernel -script file.m' to evaluate a script,
but have been unsuccessful.

file.m is a text file containing: 2 + 2

'MathKernel -script file.m' fails to produce any output or a failure
message.

I have tried this under the standard Terminal application as well as X11
with the same result. On the other hand,

'cat file.m | MathKernel -noprompt ' outputs '4' as expected.

Moreover, 'MathKernel', with no options generates a Mathematica Shell as
expected.

Not sure what I am missing.

Thanks,

Bryan