on importing/exporting binary files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116345] on importing/exporting binary files
  • From: Luigi B <l.balzano at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 04:17:54 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,
 I have some files that contain a text header followed by binary data.
My problem is to open the file, change a line in the (text) header and
close it (saving it).
I tried with  "Import"  but it takes long time and when I "export" the
files the binary part gets messed up.

Does anyone know how to do this efficiently as I have thousands of
files that need to be processed?

Thanks, Luigi