Re: two questions - Mathematica's statistical capacities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116368] Re: two questions - Mathematica's statistical capacities
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 05:18:34 -0500 (EST)

Ad b. I don't know where upon you base your impression of inferiority
of the new tests. It look like they have more possibilities than the
older one.

Also, given correct settings the results are the same, as is shown
below:

In[10]:= MeanDifferenceTest[{1, 2, 4, 6, 3}, {4, 10, 6, 8, 5, 8}, 0,
 EqualVariances -> True, TwoSided -> True]

Out[10]= TwoSidedPValue -> 0.0188017

In[8]:= LocationEquivalenceTest[{{1, 2, 4, 6, 3}, {4, 10, 6, 8, 5,
   8}}, "KSampleT"]

Out[8]= 0.0188017

In[22]:= LocationTest[{{1, 2, 4, 6, 3}, {4, 10, 6, 8, 5, 8}}, 0, "T"]

Out[22]= 0.0188017

Cheers -- Sjoerd