Re: Approximation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116449] Re: Approximation
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 04:32:58 -0500 (EST)

I would form a new variable eps, such that R = eps G, eliminate R from the
expression, so that the expression becomes a function of eps, and then make
a power series expansion in eps about eps == 0, using the command Series or
SeriesCoefficient. Then I would keep the first non-vanishing term, and maybe
some more terms, depending on the problem. At the end I might
back-substitute R again.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl
Sweden