Using Notation Package in myPackage

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116634] Using Notation Package in myPackage
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:43:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello:

I'm trying to include some of the functionality of the Notation`
package in some other work. My efforts thus far have been thrwarted by
additional context information that prevents Mathematica from parsing the
Notation` commands correctly.

For example, if I start my package with Needs["myPackage`",
{"Notation`"}], the Notation' Package seems to load correctly, but
functions in myPackage` that call functions from Notation` are always
littered with the context of myPackage`.

Can this be solved in a straightforward manner? My other thought was
to resort to FullForm versions of the Notation` templates and build
what I want from there. (Whereas currently I'm using InputForm
versions of the Notation` templates to construct helper functions in
myPackage`.)

Hopefully that makes sense,

-RG