Re: Delete elements from list..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116683] Re: Delete elements from list..
  • From: "Maarten van der Burgt" <Maarten.VanDerBurgt at kla-tencor.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:20:31 -0500 (EST)

Hallo,

Thanks everybody who replied to my questions.

The real problem I have is just a bit more complex than my simplified
example.
My list is in fact a numerical 2D list like mylist1 == {{x_0, y_0},
{x_1,y_1},... {x_i, y_i}, ...{x_N, y_N}}.
The xi are strictly increasing and the yi should be as well. Due to some
measurement errors it can happen that this is not the case. I simply
want to delete the {xi, yi} pairs where y_i <== y_i-1. That way I end up
with a list, mylist2,  where also the y_i are strictly increasing.
(that way I can make an Interpolation[Reverse/@mylist2] in order to have
a function x_i(y_i)).

I have not had the time to study your answers in this view, but from a
first look and the variety of the answers it seems that there is
definitely something which should help.

Thanks for your help.

Maarten