Formatting a Cell Programmatically

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116733] Formatting a Cell Programmatically
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:36:42 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to programmatically format an output cell so that even if it is deleted, it can be restored with its original format simply by executing the input cell again?  Suppose my input cell contains an expression to create a table such as

	Table[{x, Sqrt[x], x^3}, {x, 0, 100}]

What functions would I wrap around that input so that the output cell appears with, say, a frame and a light brown background?  I've been messing around Cell[...] and CellPrint[...] but all of the examples I've seen have taken straight text as the argument and I haven't gotten anything to work with a computation.

Regards,

Gregory