Re: FinancialData Function Not Working for Property "Members"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116768] Re: FinancialData Function Not Working for Property "Members"
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 06:09:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> That sums it up.  Maybe the computable data that changes over time,
> such as geopolitical, city, country, and financial, should be viewed
> more for recreation than for research.

Well it depends on what you expect from such data to be useful in
research, I can imagine many possible applications in research where the
deficiencies like temporarily unavailability etc. would not be strictly
a big problem. On the other hand they are definitely not fit for highly
available production systems :-). I guess they were probably never not
meant to and usually such data sources will cost a lot of money for some
reason...

cheers

albert