Re: New to Mathematica, need help for Image Processing.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115128] Re: New to Mathematica, need help for Image Processing.
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 04:25:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

your message is too unclear and a bit confusing. Maybe you can try to
use less of these ... and write short and clear sentences. Ok, you want
to create an image from values. Do you have your values already in a
matrix like this 4x3 pixelmatrix:

{{29, 29, 160, 183},
 {124, 99, 59, 253},
 {14, 192, 56, 30}}

or do you have it in a linear list like this

{29, 29, 160, 183, 124, 99, 59, 253, 14, 192, 56, 30}

If you have it in a matrix, then you can just wrap Image around it:

pixelmatrix = {{29, 29, 160, 183},
{124, 99, 59, 253}, {14, 192, 56, 30}};
Image[pixelmatrix, "Byte"]

If not, then you need to create a matrix from your linear list. If you
know the width of your image (and you know it), just use Partition to
create a matrix:

pixelmatrix = Partition[
 {29, 29, 160, 183, 124, 99, 59, 253, 14, 192, 56, 30}, 4];
Image[pixelmatrix, "Byte"]

Please note the 4 at the end of Partition which is the width of your
image.

I hope this helps you with your problem.

Cheers
Patrick